Texas Roadhouse To Honor Firefighters Who Saved the Restaurant

    SHARE

    On Monday, the Texas Roadhouse in the Bear area honored a group of firefighters who helped save their building from a recent fire. A whole 15% of the total sales will be donated to local firefighting companies, including Goodwill Fire Company, Christiana Fire Company, Delaware City Fire Company, and more.

    The fire started in the kitchen ductwork on March 17, reported by workers mere minutes before the restaurant was set to open that day. It is reported that grease ignited the blaze on the inside of the ducts, causing the fire to damage the roof. The damage is not reported to have spread beyond that, and the business was reopened the very next day.

    It is lucky that the fire did not spread farther, as rectangular ducts, commonly used in restaurants, require up to three inches of extra space for reinforcements and connectors. Had the fire been left to burn further, this spacing could’ve resulted in much more damage.

    The fire was reported to be accidental and resulted in $80,000 worth of damage. However, no one was injured, and thanks to the efforts of the Christiana Fire, Aetna Hose Hook and Ladder, Wilmington Manor, Delaware City, and Goodwill Fire companies, the blaze was contained and the building was saved.

    As a result, the Texas Roadhouse decided to host a night in which the firefighters would be honored for their brave efforts. The event was open to anyone who wished to join and show their support for the amazing firefighters who saved the restaurant.