County Executive-elect Matt Meyer today announced the schedule for his upcoming inauguration. The inaugural activities will kick-off with a county-wide day of community service on Monday, January 2. The swearing-in ceremony will be held on Tuesday, January 3, at 8:30am and will be followed by a public open house at the county government center. The events are capped by an inaugural celebration on Wednesday, January 4, at 7:00pm. Information on all events and access to inaugural tickets and service opportunities can be found at inauguration.ncc2017.com. All events are free and open to the public. No government funds will be used.
“These inaugural activities are a chance for the county to come to together and celebrate a peaceful transition of power and mark the beginning of a new administration. And it is important to me that these inaugural activities reflect the spirt of service that I spoke about during the campaign and will be the cornerstone of my Administration,” said Executive-elect Meyer.
Mr. Meyer also announced the leadership of his inaugural team that is charged with planning and executing the inaugural ceremony and related events. Governor Jack Markell will serve as Honorary Chairman of the inaugural committee — formally known as “NCC Inauguration Committee 2017, Inc.” The committee will be headed by Rashad Taylor, Mr. Meyer’s former campaign manager, who will serve as CEO.
County Executive-elect Meyer has imposed the following guidelines regarding inaugural committee fundraising:
1. Contributions to the committee will be limited to $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 per corporation, PAC, or labor union.
2. No contributions will be accepted from non US citizens.
3. No contributions will be accepted from developers or their subsidiaries.
4. All contributions to the committee will be disclosed to the public at least 30 days following the inauguration.
5. All remaining funds in the committee (after expenses) will be donated to charity, with a goal of at least half of the money raised going to charity.